Friday, July 25, 2008

Moonlit Beach

Moonlit Beach




Late at night
I strain my eyes to see
A deep blue canopy
Stretched beyond sand and sea…


A friendly southwest breeze
Tickles my furrowed brow
Choirs of shimmering waves
Serenade the ancient seawall


My sweetheart by my side
My cares all but forgotten
I stroll the moonlit beach
Soft sand beneath my feet


A million stars beckon
Laparillas jewel the sea
Fishermen await daybreak’s
Cold elusive catch


Late at night I smell
The sweet saltiness of the sea
A lingering mango moon
Fades on veils of silvery clouds


On a magic carpet I glide
To a time, moonlit summers past
My soul swims in tranquility
My heart sings a timeless melody


I stroll the moonlit beach
Angels in heaven above
Friends on earth below
I am a child once more…




2008 copyright by Ed Gamboa. All rights reserved.