Friday, June 13, 2008

Pathways

PATHWAYS



When I was the only child
By the shore I played, I cried
Until then I could not see
Pathways cleared ahead for me
Just the wide and open sea...

In my daring, reckless youth
Yes! At last, I found the truth!
One straight road, one golden gate
Brash, assured I could not wait
Eager captain of my fate...

As I aged, less certain -- wiser (?)
Sinews weaker, eyesight fainter
Over seas and mountains -- faraway
I had traveled, knowing not the way
Weary, tired -- with nothing left to say...

Ah, the sea at last had left me
Flighty roads too faint for me to see
Yet, afar, two crisscrossed pathways
Always seemed to beckon, always
There -- even through the darkest days...

Someone all along had charted
Aimless, clueless I had traveled
Broken, battle-scarred but gladdened
I had struggled endlessly in time
Soaring through eternity -- Divine!



Copyright 2008 by Ed Gamboa. All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment